Friday, February 18, 2011

Sancti Adalberti Miraculum Novum 2-18-2011


Ze Beer? Sancti Adalberti Miraculum Novum
Ze Style? Belgian Tripel
Ze Maker? Brouwerij De Prael
Ze Content! 7.5%
Serving type: 335ml bottle

So, I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted a blog, and I know I keep saying I’m going to do more in a more timely fashion, but it hadn’t occurred to me just how much time it takes in the scheme of things to continuously keep a blog updated. Well, I can say ill do better, but why? When we can just wait to see if I post instead :D. Anyways, my buddy Matthew brought this beer back from Holland from his last trip out in that area. And alas, here it is in my glass and now my blog. Thank you Matt! We both had this beer, on the day we brewed out first batch of beer together. Well, I look forward to drinking more beers again, and sharing my thoughts with all of you soon! Enjoy.

There was little head retention and not much head on the pour. Decent carbonation, a very cloudy orange color. On the pour you can smell the yeast, and the bottle had a large amount of sediment yeast on the bottom of the bottle now clearly present on the bottom of my glass. Coriander and lots of yeast on the nose, a touch of sweet sugar, not dark. a small bit of clove gives this a little bit of a spiced nose with just a bit of as banana ester, similar to a Bavarian style wheat beer. Very smooth medium body with just a small amount of creaminess. After a few sips you can begin to taste the trace amounts of ethanol on the back end. that sugary sweet falvor is a bit more flavorful in the form of a apricot/orange taste. Not much complexity to this Dutch beer, but hey it’s no Heineken or Amstel.


Would I PAY for this beer? Yes, I would, but I think I would prefer to try this on tap or on location in Holland. To get a fresh taste of this beer, and truly experience what it has going for it.

Overall Rating: B-

Cheers,
-Ze Beer Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment