Sunday, April 25, 2010

Who am I and what is Beer?

Hello, My name is Derrin or more commonly known as "Ze Beer Guy". This blog is a side project i will be doing for fun on my free time. So a quick intro of myself?

I go to school full time majoring in the wonderful field of sciences, i work in the Beverage industry, with a proficient background in Beer, wine and spirits; though i specialize in the category of ze beer. I have been working in this industry for over 3 years now, and host have been hosting a popular weekly beer tasting that has started as a simple 5-7 attendees a week, to now a still growing average of 40 individuals plus! With well over 100 individual's subscribed to my weekly newsletter through work, combined with the popularity of my tastings; I have decided i would try to blog my personal beer reviews and any stories that may come along with it.

The proceedings are my personal reflections, reviews, tastes, likes and dislikes when it comes to beer, bars, and things related. Beer has become a secondary passion to myself. I do not see beer as a quick and easy way to get drunk and act a fool, but instead, i enjoy and treat each beer worthy in the way it deserves. Just like one would review a wine, i review beers in the same fashion.

So follow along, enjoy my blogs, hate my blogs, comment do whatever it is you blog readers do... Though i have tasted well over 100 different beers in my time, i will try to review beers i personally deem worth it (or in some cases if i can't think of a beer to pick a random "classic"), but do not expect to read reviews of Bud Light to Coors light, etc. I will gladly take requests if you email it to me and given the availability of that beer in Southern California.

Cheers,
Derrin Jung
a.k.a. Ze Beer Guy

1 comment:

  1. I request a review of BOTH Bud light and Coors Light >:P

    ReplyDelete